Life At The Nest

Life At The Nest

The Official Blog of SMCHS

Sarah Ciszek ’18 Reflects on Winning the Volleyball State Championship

Sarah shares her experience of being a part of the girls volleyball Division I California State Championship team after sweeping James Logan of Union City, 3-0. The 2017 state title clinches the sixth state championship in school history and the second in the girls volleyball program, with the first dating back to 1999.

This past season has been an incredible experience. In the beginning of the season we struggled a little bit with coming together as a team. We were talented in many of our positions but the main issue was combining all of them together. As the season went on we got closer and we started playing together.

This is one of my favorite teams because we all got so close and made many memories together that I will never forget. Throughout playoffs we complimented each other very well when we played, which made us so successful. Our passers were nailing every pass, our setter made super smart decisions and our hitters put the ball down every chance they got. Every game of playoffs we bounced back quickly and we always had a flow going. I will never forget that feeling.

The best memory with this team was winning the state championship. We have put in so much hard work, many hours, and dedication into this team and we finally made it! I could honestly not be more proud of this team. We were all very supportive of one another and had each other’s backs. We were basically sisters and I am so glad I got to become close to each and every one of them.

Sarah Ciszek played opposite hitter for the Eagles. She was recently named to the Division I All-CIF First Team and committed to Sacred Heart University in Connecticut.