Life At The Nest

Life At The Nest

The Official Blog of SMCHS

Bella Zintel – The Annual Christmas Production is a Must See Event!

Hello, my name is Bella Zintel and I am a junior here at Santa Margarita. I am on the dance team and I am involved in the Christmas Production that takes place on Sunday, Dec. 4. This year, the Performing Arts department at SMCHS has dedicated its time since September to ensure an amazing show. The dance team as well as the music departments and Talon Theatre have worked very hard to create A Charlie Brown Christmas.

12-x-18-cbc-2016-flyer

Specifically, my role in the play is to dance on stage with the dance team and advanced dance class while choir sings and the orchestra plays. The dance team has dedicated every dance class during school to learning our new Christmas dances for the show. This year our dance teacher, Ms. Kalina, has provided us with the best choreography and is so enthusiastic about this show.  We have a variety of different styles of dance this year that we are showcasing during the show. Styles of lyrical and jazz are performed with different qualities of movement incorporated.

_09a2990

I am very passionate about this year’s Christmas show because of its concept, Charlie Brown.  A Charlie Brown Christmas is my favorite Christmas play because of its humor. The actors are superb and so animated in every scene, guaranteeing a captivating play. The Christmas play is so special because the whole performing arts department is able to come together to create a magical show for everyone to see.  For example, the dance team, advanced dance, choir, orchestra and Talon Theatre all learn and practice on different schedules, separately. All of the different departments work very hard on their own times so that once we come together, the show is perfect.  The most exciting part for me is dancing to the performances of my friends in choir and orchestra.

_09a4256

We have two major dress rehearsals for the Christmas Production which take place during the week. All of the teachers and faculty take their time to run through the show as well as direct us to rehearse and perform the show multiple times. Dress rehearsals are so exciting because we get to stay behind the stage while watching our friends perform. The dance team members use this time to bond. We line up our blue blankets against the wall and spend time with each other. This year’s Christmas Production is the best it has ever been because of all the hard work that everyone has put into it.  This is a really special show that I advise everyone to come out and see.

_09a2942

Every year I become so excited for the Christmas Production because it is always such an enjoyable and memorable time of year. Learning, preparing and working hard are the three most important factors to making a show successful, and this year we have achieved all of them.  The Christmas Production is one of my most favorite parts of being on dance team because of the people in it. Everyone in the performing arts department is so incredible to work with.  I cannot wait to finally perform the show on Friday for the school and Sunday for parents and friends.

Parents and friends! Come buy your tickets to see showings on Sunday, Dec.4 at 2:30 pm or 6:30 pm.  Buy your tickets at http://www.smhs.org/tickets

Bella Zintel – Class of 2018

1 Comment

• Michele Bogart

December 1, 2016 at 8:04 pm → Reply

Great blog Bella!! Can’t wait to see you and the dance team perform. God bless…. and say “hi” to your mom!
    Michele Bogart